Why and how do we need to do to get people in NY to throw the bums out?
1) Making following politics mandatory?
2) Make the voting booth a piece of technology attached to our tv sets that we can sign in using our thumb print and vote from home?
3) Find ways to inspire people with integrity that are devoted to the community to run?
How do we do that and often some or many people that start off good are now mired in corruption up to their eyeballs so how do we prevent this. I continue to say term-limits but here in NYC the mayor who would be king has allowed city council and his charter revision commission to circumvent voters literally denying us a referendum and extending term-limits this year for city council yet again 2 years in a row!
I made two YouTubes about this...so tired of pasting links...go look at my channel Suzannahartist.
4) New Yorkers tolerance for corruption is greater than our tallest sky scrapers....
5) Why do to many people feel it is a given that politicians are crooks and it is accepted they can live high off our tax payer money, even robbing it and using their position in city gov. to broker lucrative deals the benefit their families, girlfriends, boyfriends, mistresses, relatives, friends, etc.?
6) A cap for all spending for candidates so no mega rich can buy an election.
The newspapers write about throwing the bums out but very few actually cover the challengers.
Remember candidate Doug Biviano made a video about this and went to major media companies where all refused to have him interviewed and worse an NBC employee who knew he was being filmed and works security -- reception but he wants to be called an information something or other was told by an NBC employee -- perhaps someone senior who wanted this YouTube REMOVED and the gentleman who's face was seen in all of 7 seconds in an almost 10 minute youtube --- even met with NBC lawyers too all adding up to what....? Would NBC execs go to extreme lengths to have candidate Doug Biviano's YouTube removed ? Do you think....? Doug's YouTube was moving towards to 1,000 hits was censored by a media giant....?
The YouTube is gone but watch the censored version.
Truly what is going on in Albany and City Hall is a nightmare and most people don't get it but they will be feeling the pain next year, everyone will but mayor Bloomberg, his rich developer pals, city council members and the clowns in Albany.
By the way did Albany balance their budget yet. It was due April 1, 2010. April Fool's Day....
Posted this comment to NY Daily News editorial today....Start a Revolution (If only!!!!!!!!)
1) We need computerized mini-voting machines attached to our Televisions with a sign in using your thumb print. Maybe that way we could get more people to actually vote. 2) We need a cap on what all candidates can spend to run for office and it has to be small especially if tax payers have to match a percentage. 3) Term Limits 4) reality tv show following these politicians around and the price of how much tax payer money they are wasting as they go about their days 5) expose how they hire their family members, lovers, pals 6) expose how the benefit themselves, family, etc with lucrative deals that are huge conflicts of interest. 8) something to shake-up voter apathy